Flash 3D: Animation, Interactivity, and Games
Author: Jim Ver Hagu
Push your creative ideas to the next level in content delivery.
Use real and simulated 3D space in your Flash games and interactive systems.
3D possibilities offer an untapped creative approach to thinking and designing with Flash. Tap into this medium by:
* Creating reusable templates to reduce costs and cycle time for project development.
* Experimenting with author-provided interactive examples that demonstrate a broad range of Flash applications from website to DVD/CD-ROM delivery.
* Practicing the real-world project techniques presented by the authors in full color.
* Expanding your horizons with experimental projects.
Jim Ver Hague is a professor of Computer Graphics Design at the Rochester Institute of Technology. He has more than 30 years' experience in the field of computer graphics and has lectured, consulted, and conducted workshops internationally in the fields of multimedia, electronic publishing, computer-aided information design, and computer art and sculpture.
Chris Jackson is a computer graphics designer and Associate Professor at Rochester Institute of Technology. Chris has an extensive background in graphic design, printing and interactive multimedia. His professional work has received over 25 distinguished national and international awards for online communication.
User Level: Intermediate
* Techniques for creating reusable templates that reduce costs and cycle time for project development.
* A companion CD-ROM that includes an artists' gallery of example projects and project media for real-world exercises and tutorials.
* A balance of practical and experimental projects designed toteach and stretch your skills.
Table of Contents:Flash and 3D, Depth Cues, Animating Motion Cues, Programming Motion Cues, Math Primer, 3D Entertainment, 3D Marketing, 3D Presentations, 3D Instructional Design, Using Swift 3D
New interesting book: Censorship Inc or Management Economics
Data Analysis with Microsoft Excel: Updated for Office XP (with CD-ROM)
Author: Patrick Carey
This popular best-selling book shows students and professionals how to do data analysis with Microsoft Excel. DATA ANALYSIS WITH MICROSOFT EXCEL teaches students and professionals the fundamental concepts of statistics and how to use Microsoft Excel to solve the kind of data-intensive problems that arise in business and elsewhere. Even students with no previous experience using spreadsheets will find that this text's step-by-step approach, extensive tutorials, and examples make it easy to learn how to use Excel for analyzing data. A CD-ROM is included with every new text that contains the StatPlus add-ins for Microsoft Excel and data sets for exercises.
Berk (Illinois State U.) and Carey, a consultant, teach even Excel novices how to apply this popular business spreadsheet software to learn statistical fundamentals in either a classroom or self-paced setting. Chapters include exercises. The CD-ROM contains concept tutorials on such topics as probability distributions, statistical inference, tables, regression and correlation, and time series analysis. Annotation c. Book News, Inc., Portland, OR (booknews.com)