Author: Don Sym
Expert F# is about practical programming in a beautiful language that puts the power and elegance of functional programming into the hands of .NET developers. In combination with .NET, F# achieves unrivaled levels of programmer productivity and program clarity. This books serves as
- The authoritative guide to F# by the designer of F#
- A comprehensive reference of F# concepts, syntax, and features
- A treasury of expert F# techniques for practical, real-world programming
While inspired by OCaml, F# isn't just another functional programming language. Drawing on many of the strengths of both OCaml and .NET, it's a general-purpose language ideal for real-world development. F# integrates functional, imperative, and object-oriented programming styles so you can flexibly and elegantly solve programming problems, and brings .NET development alive with interactive execution. Whatever your background, you'll find that F# is easy to learn, fun to use, and extraordinarily powerful. F# will help change the way you think about and go about programming.
Written by F#'s designer and two active contributors, Expert F# is the authoritative, comprehensive, and in-depth guide to the language and its use. Designed to help others become experts, the book gives a thorough introduction to the F# language from quick essentials to in-depth advanced topics such as active pattern matching, aggregate data types and operators, sequence expressions, lazy values, mutable data and side-effects, generics, type augmentations, functional decomposition and code organization.
The second half of the book is devoted to examining the practicalapplication of F#, providing elegant solutions to common programming tasks including UI implementation, data access, web and distributed programming, symbolic and numerical computations, concurrent programming, testing, profiling, and interoperability with other languages. The latest hot developments in F# and .NET are also addressed, including Active Patterns, implicit class construction, integration with LINQ over relational data, meta programming and useful tips for working with Visual Studio and F# command-line tools.
The world's foremost experts in F# show you how to program in F# the way they do!
What you'll learn
- How to use F# for functional, imperative, and object-oriented programming
- How to code elegant F# solutions with expert technique and style
- How to develop Windows, web, graphics, and database applications in F#
- How to do numerical, concurrent, lexical, and symbolic processing in F#
- How to interoperate with C and COM
Who is this book for?
This book is for anyone interested in state-of-the art .NET programming. Professional programmers will find it engrossing. F# provides invaluable insight into the future of both C# and VB, which are now adopting some (but far from all) of the functional features of F#. Once they learn F#, few feel like returning to either C# or VB. The academic community will find F# the answer to a decades-long prayer: a language suitable for teaching computer science that also excites and empowers students because it can be used not just in the classroom, but also in the real world.
Foundations of F#
New interesting book: The Diseasing of Americas Children or Weight Watchers Simply the Best All American
LAN Switching and Wireless: CCNA Exploration Companion Guide
Author: Wayne Lewis
LAN Switching and Wireless CCNA Exploration Companion Guide
Wayne Lewis, Ph.D.
LAN Switching and Wireless, CCNA Exploration Companion Guide is the official supplemental textbook for the LAN Switching and Wireless course in the Cisco Networking Academy CCNA® Exploration curriculum version 4. This course provides a comprehensive approach to learning the technologies and protocols needed to design and implement a converged switched network. The Companion Guide, written and edited by a Networking Academy instructor, is designed as a portable desk reference to use anytime, anywhere. The book’s features reinforce the material in the course to help you focus on important concepts and organize your study time for exams.
New and improved features help you study and succeed in this course:
- Chapter objectives: Review core concepts by answering the questions listed at the beginning of each chapter.
- Key terms: Refer to the updated lists of networking vocabulary introduced and turn to the highlighted terms in context in each chapter.
- Glossary: Consult the all-new comprehensive glossary with more than 190 terms.
- Check Your Understanding questions and answer key: Evaluate your readiness with the updated end-of-chapter questions that match the style of questions you see on the online course quizzes. The answer key explains each answer.
- Challenge questions and activities: Strive to ace more challenging review questions and activities designed to prepare you for the complex styles of questions you might see on the CCNAexam. The answer key explains each answer.
Wayne Lewis is the Cisco Academy Manager for the Pacific Center for Advanced Technology Training (PCATT), based at Honolulu Community College.
How To: Look for this icon to study the steps that you need to learn to perform certain tasks.
Packet Tracer Activities: Explore networking concepts in activities interspersed throughout some chapters using Packet Tracer v4.1 developed by Cisco. The files for these activities are on the accompanying CD-ROM.
Also available for the LAN Switching and Wireless course:
LAN Switching and Wireless, CCNA Exploration Labs and Study Guide
The CD-ROM provides many useful tools and information to support your education:
- Packet Tracer Activity exercise files
- A Guide to Using a Networker’s Journal booklet
- Taking Notes: A .txt file of the chapter objectives
- More IT Career Information
- Tips on Lifelong Learning in Networking
This book is part of the Cisco Networking Academy Series from Cisco Press®. Books in this series support and complement the Cisco Networking online curriculum.