The Complete Idiot's Guide to Microsoft Windows Vista
Author: Paul McFedries
Just when you mastered Microsoft® Windows XP®, a new operating system comes along-Vista.The Complete Idiot's Guide® to Microsoft® Windows Vista® shows you how to tackle various procedures, such as recovering files, using new tab features, employing firewalls, deciphering icons, and so much more. With simple explanations, step-by-step instructions, and helpful examples, readers will no longer have to sacrifice their sanity to get work done in Windows.
* Author is recognized for his success in teaching basic skills to newcomers, and is a widely recognized expert author on Windows-based operating systems
Books about: Diabetes Cookbook or Night Light
Visual Basic 2008 For Dummies
Author: Bill Sempf
Visual Basic is a favorite programming language, so if you’re new to programming, it’s a great place to start. Visual Basic 2008 For Dummies is the fun and easy way to begin creating applications right away while you get the hang of using the Visual Studio environment. Soon you’ll be building all sorts of useful stuff with VB 2008!
This step-by-step guide walks you through a logical series of tasks that build your skills as you get comfortable with .Net terminology, theory, tools, and design principles. You’ll learn how to build an application in four different architectural styles, and you’ll find out how to make your programs validate input and output, make decisions, and protect themselves from security threats. Discover how to:
• Install the Visual Studio environment
• Write a VB program
• Use Web forms, Windows forms, and Web services
• Establish good programming practices
• Create class libraries
• Write secure applications
• Debug your applications
• Work with strings and “if-then” statements
• Iterate with counted and nested loops
• Pass arguments and get return values
• Access data with VB.NET
• Work with the file system using VB
You’ll also find great tips for working with the VB user interface, using VB.NET in C# programming, troubleshooting your VB programs, taking your programming to the next level, and more! Once you get your hands on Visual Basic 2008 For Dummies, you’ll be programming like a genius in no time!